WHY DANCE WITH VIREO?
- We are a POSITIVE dance studio!
- Our small class sizes allow each dancer to receive the proper one-on-one instruction in class to help them grow.
- We have a very unique family-first, inclusive vibe at the studio.
- Our competitive program travels off-island to attend some of the most elite events in Canada and the US.
- We do not only train recreational to pre-professional level dancers...we are preparing young people to be the leaders of tomorrow!
A MESSAGE FROM THE ARTISTIC DIRECTOR...
VIREO School of Performing Arts is the Comox Valley's newest and fastest growing dance and performing arts school. Under the Artistic Direction of Haley Toal, VIREO has been described as a studio dedicated to not only developing proper technique and performance skills, but to enriching the lives of young people (and adults too!) through the art of dance.
VIREO is a full-service studio offering Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Musical Theatre & Voice, AcroDance, ISTD Tap, Contemporary, Hip Hop, and Lyrical. We are proud to offer programs to dancers of all ages and abilities, from 3 years old to adult, as well as an award-winning competitive program for the dancer wishing to take their training to an elite level.
We believe that through encouragement, inspiration, and top-quality technical training, dancers are able to grow into well-rounded, self-confident, disciplined and hard-working individuals. In Latin, VIREO means to "thrive"; within the family of the studio, each dancer is encouraged and given the opportunity to flourish.
Dance is not only a form of artistic expression. The discipline, determination and passion learned is something that dancers will carry along into all aspects of life and future endeavours! VIREO promises a positive, inspiring, and safe environment where every performing artist is encouraged to "thrive"!